Friday, April 24, 2009

and on the 7th day...

it was a Day of Beauty!!!!

It's been one week in Vietnam! After a long week of school, I walked around the area and treated myself to some spa services right on the same block as the house. Ahhhh!!

Full body massage plus hot stones, 1 hour = $20 + 100,000 D tip
- At Kim Spa: the table is large so that the women can hop on and really work the back and shoulders. The lotion/oils were nice and the stones hot; there were actually two women working at the same time, so it was like my whole body was humming. Wow, very nice - Better than the one I had 3 years ago where the woman cracked every bone in my body and also walked on my back. And a good scalp massage is heaven on earth.

Pedicure - 30,000 D + 20,000 D tip
- At KON: not a spa pedicure because I'd already had treatment on my feet from the massage, so this was very simple and cheap. Ummm this was in total less than $3, I'm going to do it every few weeks, cause even in Philly I went often and it was $25! Or in DC, it's $40!

Haircut - 60,000 D + 40,000 D tip
- At KON: went to Hai, who was recommended by my host's wife. Just a haircut, layered and styled and got to practice some Vietnamese. Hai speaks English though so it was kind of cheating but I need to know that I'm pronouncing everything okay! Wow, so I'll go back here before I leave...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course Ohio rocks :)

$20 for a massage......got room for a visitor? lol.

It's nice here in Phila too. Not raining for once!!!!!!

joyce Shen said...

i wanna come!

Anonymous said...

Do massages come with happy endings?? Maybe for guys. =P

MTF