Okay so this is for all you people that
a) laugh that I talk so much about Ohio, and
b) think it's crazy that I have so much pride in my home state, in the middle of nowhere.
Okay so there are 12 people in my Vietnamese Class and today I was talking with two women before class started. One woman, Jane, is Korean but lived in San Francisco for some time and has two sons, one of whom went to Ohio Sate University for Business.
Today we were talking with another woman, Emma, a Chinese woman who is married to a German who works for Siemens, a global company, and so she moves around a lot. And where is the only place they lived in the US??
COLUMBUS, OHIO!!! (Well, more like Dublin, Ohio, just a suburb of Columbus, but you get my point...)
Hollaaaaaaaaa, I almost started laughing. And Emma said, "Yes well usually I say, 'Oh the middle of nowhere, a place Ohio', and no one recognizes it"...and there we were, there random people from across the world who had heard of Columbus, Ohio.
Apparently there is a big Siemens group in Bellefontaine, OH - about 30 minutes away in the countryside...
Whawhaaaaaaat!!!!! Moral of the story: it's a small world out there, and Ohio ROCKS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment