Ready to ride, not forgetting the helmet of course! Did a lot of riding around today with Chuong, as he delivered things to friends. I bought some deodorant, 60000 D = about $3, when I am more comfortable I will bargain down, I'm sure I paid too much for this...because Chuong got an oil change for his xe om that a) cost only 65000 D and b) took less than 10 minutes. (exchange rate varies, but about 18,000 D = $1 USA)
Posted my pictures onto Picassa
![]() |
| Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam |
[click to enter album]
here are some highlights:
Lunch at Khuc Ban Chieu: Chuong ordered steak and fries, I ordered Bread (banh mi) with pate, pork, egg. About 30,000 Dong each = less than $2.
"French-style bathroom" - sink (hiding in corner) with large mirror, toilet, and shower. No different compartment for the shower, so all of the water just runs into a drain that is right in front of it.
This is almost a luxury bathroom because it's large enough that other things stay dry (the towels, toilet paper, etc) because the water just flows down not out. Chuong's bathroom is very small and so when he showers, everything gets wet. Makes a difference!
So it's weird in US standards but it is actually very comfortable and nicer than the other private homes that I have seen and stayed at.

No comments:
Post a Comment