Monday, April 13, 2009

3 days away!

So I leave for Vietnam on Thursday morning (yay!!) and have lots to do before then...packing, getting things settled on the US end (insurance, payments, etc), and making sure that I have things ready to go when I am away (Mother's Day cards, etc). Wow, lots of "thinking ahead"....I have yet to pack though, just did a ton of errands today to get READY for the packing.

First on my To Do List: return a pair of jeans at Nordstroms, which has a famously relaxed and generous return policy. I bought some jeans at Nordstroms about two years ago and also had them altered at the store. Nice & expensive. And Yes, a bit over two years ago. And then like all my other jeans, one of them got holes in the leg. But there is no Nordstroms in Philly so I waited awhile to take them back - and VOILA! They took them back, and I had a receipt to make the transaction super easy. Wow, it's my new favorite store.

So do I buy cheapo jeans that will wear out in a year? Or buy really nice jeans, wear them out, and then get a refund? WHOA. Now I've worked in retail and we'd always fight with people who were trying to return worn items. That's not the case here, I don't feel as if I'm cheating the system or stealing money because 1) that is their policy and 2) I'm buying all my jeans from there from now on.

They keep this policy because they somehow don't lose money off of it. Otherwise they'd have changed it long, long ago. AWESOME.

But then all that money I got back, I had to spend again (and then some!) on three months worth of medication at CVS. Sheeeeesh!!

Second on to do list: go through all the clothes that I brought from Philly and decide if I take to Vietnam or give away. It's going to be hot there but I want to dress a little more conservative over there, so am not going to be loading my suitcase with tank tops and such.


It's going to be 92 degrees when I get there!!! YAYAYAY!!!! =D

Okay off to create a hurricane mess on the whole lower level!!!

1 comment:

Hoang said...

Hey have fun in VN!! Be safe and never take their first offers when buying stuff, except for food.

Dude! Nordstrom return policy is crazy good, but I don't think you're suppose to return stuff that's been altered. Ha, whatever you got your money back so that's all that matters.

Good Luck Anna!