2009: live life to its fullest potential. say yes. smile, laugh, give, love. eat well. enjoy the present. because i am giving a day of my life for it...also because the next 7 years of my life are going to suuuuuck.
I went to DC for the Inaugural events, stood/crouched outside in the cold for hours with millions of people to watch live events happen on a huge tv screen. The past few weeks, I've had really amazing (expensive) food at some of the greatest restaurants in Philadelphia.
Last week I bought my tickets to Vietnam (April 16 - June 29!!!!) and am officially enrolled in Vietnamese language classes at the University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Ho Chi Minh City. I have made lots of new facebook "friends" in my quest to start a Viet/English speaking circle.
And today I had this urge/daydream/hallucination about signing up for a marathon. Okay, not really a marathon, more like a 5K run, but com'on - I don't run! I joined the swim team in high school so that I didn't have to run! Why this crazy urge to do something I've never thought about before???
Maybe I'm having a quarter life crisis, and instead of going out and buying a Porsche, I sign up for 5k, skydiving, and plane tickets.
But really, I think it is the impending medical school that has me thinking about how I want to live the next few months of my life. My new Touro-NV facebook "friend" is Class of 2009 and wrote a note about the 101 things that he wished he knew before he started medical school:
91. The best time of your entire medical school career is between the times when you first get your acceptance letter and when you start school.
...well now I know! And 2009 is going to be my YES YEAR!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment