there is nothing better than being in the swimming pool. I'm pretty sure of this, I've been spending the last few weeks trying to find better ways to sweat out my afternoons. Though yesterday was really cool and so I decided to walk from school to Ben Thanh Market, forgetting that cool weather = rainstorm. Oops! I found shelter under a tree in the park and ended up talking for a few minutes with a Canadian who has lived in Vietnam for 5 years. That's the cool thing about being in this area, you meet people from all over the world doing interesting things.
I've about 1 more month here, which is a bit sad. =( I want to be in Vietnam slash on vacation for just a few more weeks!!! No but definitely am glad that I made the decision to come here and just wish I would have done it after college or something so I could get more time out here. My xe om driver today told me that my Vietnamese was a lot better, haha that's what one month of forced language learning will do!
Also just want to mention that it's really nice to be in a city/country where everyone is the same size as you. Or even smaller. Besides the way I dress, which is a dead give-away that I am a tourist, I fit in quite well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i can just image you standing under a tree during a thunderstorm! The adventures of living/traveling abroad!
Dude, what a feeling to belong somewhere you've never lived before! The wonders of genetics, I guess. I kinda feel the same way in the UK (although my family is Irish way-back-when), because everyone here has my body type and hair color. So yeah, you and I fit in, but thank goodness for American clothes and 'tude so we can still be UNIQUE!! :)
Keep on rockin' for another fantastic month!
Every time I look at your blog it makes me eat! Thanks Anna!!
It's also really fun to watch tv or commercials and see that everyone is Asian! Haha complete majority!
Less than one month to go, gonna have to go out more and post more food pics. That is what I will miss the most! =D
Post a Comment