I am pretty sure that right now I am living the life of a HCMC Socialite. When people ask if I am busy, I laugh and say, "Ya only 2 hours a day when I have school". Otherwise, I have a xe om driver to take me where I need to go wherever, whenever. My day is pretty much spent trying to plan one "going out" event - either lunch or dinner out, shopping, a walk to the nearest market...it's really a relaxed life. (Ahem yes that's also why I can admit to reading certain book and watching certain movies over and over again.) Lots of time to do whatever the heck I want - it's really relaxing! Haha, I will not want to be back in school this Aug...
- Yesterday Chi Cindy took me to a place that fixes bag. My trusty canvas black messenger bag had a huge hole in it, probably from lugging around all my touristy things for the past 3 weeks. The inside pockets were ripped and sagging down, basically creating another whole pocket - and it only cost 10,000 D to fix...next day service! Anh Ni, my xe om driver, delivered it to me this morning before classes!!
- I have eaten lunch at the "cantina", the school cafeteria, with some classmates. 8,000 D for a ca phe sua da (iced coffee and milk) and 5,000 D for a glass of coke (ngoc nhot - sweet water) and they also have a selection of fruit shakes (lately I have become addicted to avocado shakes because they are so ridiculously cheap and are basically mashed avocado with sugar - I had one today for only 18,000 D - DELISH and uber healthy). I don't remember the meal that I got at the cantina, but it was like sardines with a dipping sauce and bread, for 12,000 VND....(sorry no pics, I was trying to save my bag but will take some later).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Avocado shakes? I never thought of that. I'll have to find a recipe and try it. Thanks for mentioning that.
yes, it is a vietnamese specialty:
http://vietworldkitchen.typepad.com/blog/2007/07/avocado-shake.html
Post a Comment