Tuesday, March 3, 2009

$hit.

Sometimes things hit you in waves, no? That's why there's that saying "When it rains, it pours". We know that's not entirely true as there as misty days, light rain days, rainy days, and "holy shit did I miss the news about a hurricane?!?" days. But there still so much truth to that statement.

It's not really one of those times, but I can feel a wave coming. Dark clouds are approaching but I hope some warm/cold front comes in to scare those storm clouds away.

In this past hour, I've come to the realization that I haven't been as smart about money as I should have. Yes, JUST NOW. Oops. Well I did just pay off all my credit card debt, but knowing that I have some 40K out there in loans is sick. And now I've just realized that I only had 15 cents in my internet banking savings account for the last year - and 85 cents more would have been enough to collect interest. Instead my 15 cents is still only 15 cents...but at least now it's got some more friends to play with. And make babies with. AKA grow in compound interest...

Ah shit, I should have known this and put more money in there to grow interest.
"But A, why is there only 15 cents in there to begin with?", you ask.

Because I took it out to put into my Roth IRA and then forgot about it. The entire thing is online, there's no real paperwork or cards that define the account, so it's almost not real. I almost forgot where the account even was (HSBC? ING? who knows?!) and had to search my emails...ah well, lesson learned.

I'm only on this kick because I found poormd.com which scared the $hit out of me. Helpful, but scary.

As HDuff so eloquently sang, "Let the rain fall..."

2 comments:

James said...

So what happened to your money? How did poorMD scare you?

CDW said...

Ah, the philosophy of HDuff just turns up EVERYWHERE, doesn't it??
Don't worry, soon you'll be a powerful important rich Doctor and your money troubles will be "so yesterday"...