One month ago:
It was a really bad week, the last week of October 2008. I'd bombed a quiz, gotten two post-secondary rejections, one post-interview rejection (The chances of this happening are slim so it is really personal and so you worry - they must have really not liked me?? What did I say? Where I did go wrong?), and generally felt crappy.
So I prayed for a great next week, the first week of November. I prayed for awesome election results for the presidential campaigns, as well as some congressional campaigns and ballot issues. I prayed for a medical school acceptance - and then I talked about it, visualized it, wrote it out, gave thanks, did everything as if it were coming true.
And two days after the election of Barack Hussein Obama as the 44th President, I received this glorious email from Roger, the Dean of Admissions at Touro-NV:
Anna – The decision of the DO Admissions Committee on your application is: ACCEPT! Congratulations! I will mail your letter today. Thank you and have a nice day.
There it was. Instead of saying "Waitlist" like the previous emails from other schools, this one said "ACCEPT" - Six letters that changed my life. My heart skipped a beat, tears came to my eyes, and I knew I had to call everyone, send out emails, and give thanks again.
I'm going to be a doctor! AIAIAIAI!!!!
And suddenly will.i.am's song about Obama's election became very meaningful to me:
Yea I woke up this morning
Feeling brand new
'Cause the dreams that I've been dreaming
Has finally came true...
It's a New Day!!!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
akv, I know exactly how you feel...congratulations! I hope you have a great summer ahead and if there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know.
p.s. The weather is AWESOME here, you're going to love it (when you have time to get out, in the meantime, I have to be OK with pasty white).
Post a Comment